I have lived through the unimaginable. I had to bury my child.
Every 2nd Thursday of the month
7 pm at Kleiner Park in Meridian
In-person meetings will start back up in April 2021. We will meet at Kleiner Park in Meridian in The Village. We will be near the flagpoles and memorial bricks. Look for our TCF banner! Bring your own chair or blanket to sit on.
We recorded a 4-Part Live Series of YouTube videos with Co-Chapter Leaders Kristina & Steffanie. They recently started a blogcast called Sunflowers & Red Feathers as well. Watch the YouTube videos or read the blogs here. We hope you find these helpful.
January 2021: Another Year Without Your Child
December 2020: Finding the Joy in Christmas
November 2020: How To Be Thankful While Grieving
October 2020: Preparing For The Holidays
Your life was a blessing, your memory a treasure. You are loved beyond words and missed beyond measure.Unknown
- Al-Anon Family Groups (Addiction/Recovery): 1-888-425-2666
- Depression & Crisis Hotline: 1-800-784-2433
- Families Anonymous (Addiction/Recovery): 1-800-736-9805
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- Post-Partum Depression: 1-800-944-4773
- Suicide Hotline: 1-800-SUICIDE
- The National Institute for Trauma & Loss in Children (TLC): 1-877-306-5256
My world is spinning out of control. Life is moving forward yet I am stuck in the moment when you left me.Sandra – Heavensbook Angels
Beyond Tears: Living After Losing a Child compiled by Ellen Mitchell. Stories from several different bereaved parents.
Dear Parents: Letters to Bereaved Parents Centering Corporation. Bereaved Parents who are further along in the grief write letters to newly Bereaved Parents.
Five Cries of Grief by the Strommens (a father and a mother give their perspectives). One family’s journey in healing after the tragic death of a son.
Lament for a Son by Nicholas Wolterstorff. A father writes about his son, who died in his 20’s from a mountain climbing accident.
Only Spring: On Mourning the Death of My Son by Gordon Livingston, MD. A doctor’s 6-year-old son dies of cancer.
Parting is Not Good-Bye by Kelly Osmont. A teenage son dies from a horse accident.
Sandy: a Heart for God by Leighton Ford (author is a brother in law to Billy Graham) Son, a runner in his early 20’s, dies from a congenital heart defect.
Stars in the Deepest Night: After the Death of a Child by G. Gentry. Poems and journal writings.
Tear Soup by Pat Schwiebert. Good for children and adults. A fictional story; a “recipe” for healing after the loss of a child.
The Worst Loss How families heal from the death of a child by B. Rosof.
If you are having a bad day filled with hopelessness or despair, give one of these friends a call:
- Julie Vande Voorde, Mackenzie’s mom, lost her daughter by accidental prescription drug overdose when she was 20 years old. (208) 409-4660
- Heather Crossley, Hayes’ mom, lost Hayes to illness when he wasn’t quite 2 years old. (208) 867-6628
- Anita Elderkin, Ricky (2 years old) & Dusty’s (18 years) mom is available by email or phone: firstname.lastname@example.org or (208) 350-1305
- Linda Merced, Christian & James’s mom, can be helpful to single parents that have lost all their children and have no grandkids, and live alone. (239) 848-2601